Here for the firecracker glazed chicken? Good news: no messing about tonight because this is just a short, tiny post with some news! It’s Apprentice night and my turn to cook so no time to waffle on, though I have a cracking post lined up to come online in the next few days…a wee advert follows but only because it’s a bloody good meat deal – our best yet – but if you don’t want to hear about it, just click here to jump straight to the recipe! Everyone’s a winner.
Before we get to the recipe, just a heads-up that – for two days only – we’ve reduced the prize of our freezer filler meatbox down to £40 instead of the already cheap-as-chips £50. That’s £40 for about 24 big chicken breasts, 5 x 400g servings of syn-free beef mince, 700g of bacon medallions (and it’s good bacon, mind, not the shite that withers away to bugger all) and 800g of beef chunks – and even better, the forty quid includes delivery. I posted this on Facebook this afternoon and people have been ordering it left-right-and-centre, so don’t delay – it’ll never be cheaper than this. Click here or on the image above (it’ll open in a new window) and make sure you use the code TCCFREEZER to bring it down to £40 with standard delivery. This is the meat we use in our recipes and it has never let us down!
Sorry, we’re not normally overt with the advertising but as it’s a one-off for Droptober, we thought why not? RIGHT. Firecracker chicken. This is a very simple chicken recipe and because we’re common slobs, we served it with chips. I know, we’ll be eating it off one of those awful felt-tipped portion plates soon. This makes four chicken breasts – up to you if you want to have two each. We both know the answer to that though, don’t we? That’s why we love you. This makes a lovely sticky chicken dinner!
to make firecracker glazed chicken, you’ll need:
- 120ml of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce (you can buy this in most big supermarkets, trust me – it’ll be where the ketchup is) (2 syns)
- four chicken breasts – we used four from the deal above
- 2 tablespoons of honey (5 syns)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or use balsamic, hey, it’s cooking, you’re not developing a cure for polio)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, but we like our food hot enough to tatter our ring on the way out)
This is what the bottle looks like – you can substitute out for other buffalo sauce, but check the syns!
to make firecracker glazed chicken, you should:
- get that oven going at about 200 degrees
- tumble the chicken breasts in a pinch of salt and pepper and a splash of Worcestershire sauce in a bowl
- in a tiny pan, heat the buffalo sauce, honey, garlic and vinegar just gently to the boiling, then allow to simmer oh-so-carefree-like until it thickens up a bit
- get your chicken breasts on a greaseproof tray and brush them all over with the sauce – get in every nook and cranny
- cook for about 15 minutes or so – then take them out, baste them again, then put them back in the oven and cook for thirty minutes or so
- make sure the chicken is cooked and, if you want to, grill it for a couple of minutes to get it sticky and serve with your sides
If you’re wanting even more chicken recipes, then treat yourself by clicking the buttons below! This would be nicer with some broccoli and rice but hey, sometimes you just need stodge, am I right?
Cheers! Gosh, that’s a lot of buttons, isn’t it?