Just a recipe post tonight for speedy spring roll bowls to get you through the dark days – a cabbage recipe to use up the rest of the cabbage from yesterday’s recipe! Please don’t be put off by cabbage – cooked correctly, it’s so much better than that boiled-to-mush slop you used to get at school.
Before we get to the recipe, though, we have a small treat for you. Our Christmas card! As you know, we aren’t bothering with printed cards this year, so this is just for you!
This Queen and her loyal companion wish you a marvellous Christmas indeed! A few people think we’ve been mean by posting Rolf Harris’ face onto hers, but alas, no, it’s just me with a white beard. I actually like how it looks!
This is an easy, speed-packed dish and takes hardly any time to cook – most of the time is chopping up the vegetables. Once that’s done, you’re good to go!
to make speedy spring roll bowls you will need:
- 500g pork (or beef) mince (you’ll get the best tasting mince in our fantastic Musclefood deal!)
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, julienned (get the job done in no time with one of these!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (save your fingers and use this! Works great for the ginger too!)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vineger
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
to make speedy spring roll bowls you should:
- heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat
- add the mince and the onion and cook until the mince is browned and the onion is translucent
- add the cabbage and the carrots to the pan and cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally
- in a bowl mix together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar and pour into the pan
- stir well, and cook for another ten minutes, reducing the heat to medium, stirring often
- serve, and sprinkle over the spring onions
Want more like this? All you’ve got to do is click the buttons below to find even more!
PS: it’s Graham from Jeremy Kyle in the food picture, not Gary Glitter!