A dirty threesome burger? Bet that got your attention, you saucy minx! You know sometimes you see something on the Internet, you long for it, you lust for it – it pervades your thoughts, wears you down and ultimately you NEED IT. You HAVE to have it. So you just do it? Well, this burger is that thought process brought to life. It seems I was in an especially suggestible mood yesterday because I only saw a picture of this sexy monstrosity yesterday and there I am, not 24 hours later, toiling in the kitchen. So easily persuaded. It’s lucky my postman didn’t offer to take my package round the back this morning – I’d have put on a condom and reached for the Flora Buttery before he had a chance to take off his satchel.
So, because something like this needs no introduction, I won’t go on and on with my usual spiel. I did want to point out that we’ve developed a new page however:
Go ahead and click – it’ll open in a new tab so you won’t lose this page. We’re just pig sick of people buying a £3.99 rotating candle from Wilkos and saying they’ve got an Actifry and they’re shit because they can’t cook chips in it. It doesn’t help that the halogen oven markets itself as an airfryer when it’s bloody well not – it’s a lightbulb in Darth Vader drag. Anyway, click the link and let me know what you think.
So what is a dirty threesome burger? Easy! It’s for when you can’t decide what you want in your mouth and thus combines pizza, burger, bacon and chips in one unholy, terrifying, WONDERFUL alliance. Shall we begin? You might want to pop a towel down to catch the sloshing. This makes enough for two BEASTS.
to make a dirty threesome burger, you’ll need:
- 500g of extra lean beef mince
- one chopped onion
- a good pinch of salt and pepper
- your healthy extra breadbun – or any bun you like, as long as you syn it (cough)
- six thick rashers of bacon
- a little carton of passata
- whatever you want for your pizza topping: we used peppers and a bit of chopped chorizo – a tiny amount of 5g, which is about half a syn – but you know what, who is counting
- potatoes for chips
- tomato sauce (tbsp – which is what we used – is a syn)
- 40g of lighter mature cheddar for the burger (1 x HEA)
- 40g of lighter red leicester for the top (1 x HEA)
Wondering about the two HEAs? Remember, this makes enough for two – so you get half of each – which is one healthy extra. Simple!
Also, you can get decent mince AND bacon (plus loads more!) in our fantastic Musclefood packs! Just click here to find out what deals we’ve got on!
This looks complicated but read the recipe first, it’s a genuine doddle.
to make a dirty threesome burger, you should:
- first, turn your gold-framed photo of Mags away to face the wall, she doesn’t need to see this
- cook your chips however you want them – but we have a definitive guide to cooking Slimming World chips right here, which will open in a new window – you’ll need a handful per burger
- prepare your burger by taking 400g and keeping 100g of mince for later, then squash that mince with your hands – we don’t like to over-complicate things assuming you’ve got good beef – so just add good pinch of salt, a good pinch of pepper and perhaps some garlic powder – form into two rounds
- grill your burger however you normally do it – we used our Optigrill for this recipe (heat up, press burger, go) and it worked a charm, but it can be done just as easy under the grill or on a George Foreman – no expensive kit needed with us, remember
- once the burgers are almost done, stick your bacon on the grill to cook
- whilst all that is sizzling away, chop up your onion, throw it in a pan with the leftover mince and cook it off with a little bit of passata – you don’t need much, just enough to make a small amount of basic bolognese – maybe add some garlic if you’re fancy – cook until really thick!
- once that is thick, and the burgers and bacon are cooked, it’s time…
- first, top your burgers with 20g of mature cheddar each – better to have a couple of slices rather than grated
- next – cut your breadbun in half and then, using your fingers, push the top down so you create a well, pressing the bread down – imagine, of all things, you were making an ashtray out of clay – you don’t want to push through though
- add the bolognese, grated red leicester and whatever pizza topping you want – then a bit more cheese
- whack both the bolognese bun and the burger under the grill for two minutes to melt the cheese and then…
- assemble! Bottom of the breadbun, chips, tomato sauce, burger with cheese on, bacon, then top with the top of the breadbun with the bolognese and cheese topping! Chips topped with burger topped with pizza.
I mean really. Listen, I don’t suggest you have one of these every night – clearly it’s an ‘excess’ meal, but goodness me what a fun treat!
Oh and if you liked our outrageous burger, DO SHARE using the buttons below, and even better, why not try our other burgers?
- the girthburger (1 syn)
- the beast burger (5 syns)
- the perfect slimming world big mac (3.5 syns)
- 2cc zinger fillet tower (3 syns)