chocolate and cherry porridge
Yield 2 big bowls
Something warm, sticky and sweet to fill your hole: our chocolate and cherry porridge isn't exactly high-cuisine but it'll please you for only a few syns!
- 80g of porridge oats (any will do) - 40g is one healthy extra choice (B)
- 400ml of Arlo lactofree chocolate milk - 200ml is a healthy extra choice (A)
- 100g of black cherries in light juice (3.5 syns)
- 25g of chocolate chips (6 syns for Dr Oetker - and mind, you could leave these out, it's sweet enough!)
- well now come on
- heat your milk up and add the oats, with a pinch of salt
- on a medium heat, keep stirring and stirring - the porridge will thicken after about ten minutes
- top with the cherries and chocolate chips
- swirl some of that sweet cherry juice through as the porridge thickens for a taste explosion
- knock the syns down by using fresh cherries or skipping the chocolate
- I can't find of a single thing to link to on Amazon that might be relevant to what you need, so instead, why not treat yourself to a Halo - they're currently cheap as chips!
Recipe by twochubbycubs at http://twochubbycubs.com/2018/03/01/chocolate-and-cherry-porridge/