McDonald’s Tennessee Stack fakeaway follows below. Our quartet of burgers is nearly reaching a climax and once we’ve got them out of the way, we can crack on with dodging salads and eating entirely too much pasta. Tis the Slimming World way.
But first, a HEALTH WARNING. I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to read the eight billion facebook posts about it, but there’s a recall on frozen vegetables because there’s a small chance of listeria being present on the frozen peas. DRAMATIC. I mean, cook the vegetables and you’ll be just fine, but no no, Sandra has been on the Mumsnet Forums and is using her Masters in Internet Hyperbole from the University of Life to tell people THEY’RE GOING TO DIE.
It does rather presume you’re sat at home sucking on a frozen carrot like it’s an especially budget ice-pop but still. Oh no. Just as I was typing that sentence I realised that this could be the next Slimming World fad – save yer syns by freezing a shard of beetroot and it’ll be just like a blackcurrant Calippo. I give it two weeks before that idea is #Pinched and you’ve got twenty women with black teeth sat in your classes. Hey, in a world where freezing a Muller Yoghurt is the same as eating Häagen-Dazs anything is possible.
Anyway – it’s too hot to sit typing out recipes, so let’s get this Tennessee Stack out, then go out and enjoy the sun. I hear there’s an important football match on? You can imagine how interested I am in that. I watched the England v Columbia match under significant duress (the gym I use had all the TVs tuned to that station) and fuck me, what a bore. The last time I saw that many men with £250 haircuts and pursed lips fall over and scream theatrically was when I accidentally ordered a pint of beer in our local twink tavern.
Oh I get it, I know, Eng-er-land and all that. It would be fun if they won the World Cup, and oh-aye-no-nah didn’t Pickford’s save come from nowhere etc etc nah, fuck it, I can’t do it. I feel like my anxiety situation of being stuck in a taxi with a driver who talks of nothing but tits and football has expanded out to the entire nation. What do I say when people ask if I follow football? “No, I prefer rugby, they have better arses and at least when they roll around on the floor, there’s likely to be a degree of accidental penetration?” – I find that doesn’t go down so well.
So yeah: come on England. Give us all a reason to wave our Sports Direct-emblazoned flags in the air for a few more days, eh?
low syn McDonald's Tennessee Stack
Yield 1 burger
Third on the quarter of McDonalds burgers is this Tennessee Stack, which is destined to stay here forever unloved because frankly, if you can't spell twochubbycubs without being directed to a blisteringly-detailed gay porn site, you're definitely not going to master Tennessee.
- 1 wholemeal bun (1x HeB)
- 200g 5% beef mince
- 2 slices reduced-fat cheddar (approx. 40g) (1x HeA)
- 2 slices of bacon, fat removed
- few slices of gherkins
- handful of lettuce leaves
- sliced onion
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (1 syn)
- 1 tbsp barbecue sauce (1 syn)
- pinch of smoked paprika
- make the burgers (see notes)
- cook the burgers (see notes) and the bacon
- meanwhile, slice the bun
- mix together the paprika and barbecue sauce and spread over the top half of the bun
- top the bottom half with a slice of cheese, two burgers and the bacon
- add a few slices of gherkins, onions, mayonnaise, lettuce leaves and the other slice of cheese
- top with the bun
- a burger press will make easy work of the burgers but if you haven't got one just roll the mince into a ball and flatten into a burger shape
- you can cook the burgers however you please - we used our Tefal Optigrill on the 'burger' setting but you could use a frying pan over a high heat (spray in a little oil first), under a high grill, on a George Foreman or even on a barbecue. It's up to you!
- don't forget - you get both mince and bacon in our fantastic Muscle Food deals!
- there's no need for egg or any binders in this - the mince will hold just fine as long as you spend a few minutes giving it a good squeeze and a mix first
Delicious! You know, since doing these burgers we’ve realised they’re nearly all the same – damn you McDonalds – but if this Tennessee Stack stops you enduring a trip to McDonalds, then everyone is a winner, no?
Want more ideas? Why don’t you have a BBQ?
- chicken saltimbocca skewers (syn free)
- black bean and quinoa burger (syn free)
- falafel burger with tzatziki (syn free)
- super spring green soup (syn free)
- pork and apple burgers with blue cheese (syn free)
- veggie ploughman’s burger (syn free)
- chicken gyros (syn free)
- chicken cakes (0.5 syns)
- perfect hot dogs (0.5 syns)
- chicken cordon bleu burgers (0.5 syns)
- chimichurri turkey skewers (1.5 syns)