red pesto pasta
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is ridiculously easy but doesn't 'alf pack a punch on the taste front. This should take you no more than 10 minutes and only uses one pan! What's not to love?!
- 500g linguine
- 6 tbsp red chilli pesto (9 syns)
- 90g ricotta (1x HeA)
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 30g parmesan (1x HeA)
- cook the pasta according to the instructions but stop just short of fully done - you want it to have a bit of bite to it
- reserve half a mug of the pasta water
- drain the pasta and return to the pan
- lob in the pesto, ricotta, basil and parmesan and stir - dribble in a bit of the pasta water to loosen it if needed
- we used linguine (it's like a flat spaghetti) but honestly, any pasta will do
- if you can't find red chilli pesto just use normal red pesto and add half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
- you could use quark or Philadelphia instead of the ricotta if you like - but where's the fun in that?
- like our pan? It's Le Creuset - you can buy it here!
- this will take up only half a Healthy Extra A choice per person but if you prefer to use your syns instead it's only 5 each
- you can easily scale this recipe - just half or double it as needed - it'll still come out fine.
Courses lunch, dinner
Recipe by twochubbycubs at http://twochubbycubs.com/2018/07/23/red-pesto-pasta-the-easiest-dinner-in-the-world-ever/