pumpkin spice overnight oats
Yield 2 servings
Really, all pumpkin spice is a delicate blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes mixed spice. Naturally, there's bot-all delicate about us here at twochubbycubs, so we've thrown in what we think tastes good.
Pumpkin puree is easy to find in supermarkets now - you'll find it in the baking aisle - but if you can't, swap it out for a crushed up ginger nut. Don't forget to syn it though, else I'm calling Mags.
To make two:
- four tablespoons of pumpkin puree on the bottom (syn-free) mixed with a tablespoon of honey (2.5 syns) - if you can use the honey flavoured with cinnamon, all the better
- 100g of porridge oats (2 x HEB)
- toffee flavoured yoghurt (make a syn-free or low-syn choice)
- lighter squirty cream (25g) (look, I just put a good squirt in each, I don’t care) (3 syns)
- pinch of ginger, cinnamon and ginger
This makes enough for two, so let's call it 2.5 syns each and we'll tell no-one about that extra half syn sneaking in.
- make the bottom layer by mixing your pumpkin puree with honey and spooning it into your glasses
- mix together your yoghurt and oats with just the smallest pinch of the spices
- pop it into your glass and, at this point, either chill it straight away or use a chopstick to lightly stir the two layers together
- when ready to eat, top with squirty cream and a pinch of the spices
When you are eating this, get a bloody spoon in there and mix everything together before you do. It's filling and lovely but works best all mixed in.
- ginger nuts make for a decent swap for the pumpkin puree, though watch those syns
- we use Baking Buddy pumpkin puree from Tesco - syn free
- remember, we have lots more recipes in our upcoming cookbook - click here to order!
Recipe by twochubbycubs at http://twochubbycubs.com/2019/09/22/pumpkin-spice-overnight-oats/