mice pie porridge - christmas breakfast awaits!
Yield 1 bowl
Look, you try making a bowl of porridge look exciting - you can't. But that said, this is warming, low syn and tastes so Christmas you'll be papping out tinsel afterwards. You don't need to add the shortbread on the top if you're feeling really tight with the old syns, but I like it - it adds an extra layer of taste and mouth experience.
Urgh, mouth experience. Even I winced.
- 50g of porridge oats (HEB)
- 150ml of skimmed milk (use some of your HEA) (or syn this at 2 syns)
- 1 level tablespoon of mincemeat (2 syns)
- half a shortbread finger (2 syns)
- I mean, it's porridge, what do you want?
- but let me help
- before you add the milk into the pan, toast very gently your oats - gives it a much better flavour
- add the milk and cook til the porridge is done
- add the mincemeat and stir through, topping with crumbled shortbread
Amazon have dropped the price of the book to £10, as have the others, and we heartily encourage you to buy it now!
Recipe by twochubbycubs at http://twochubbycubs.com/2019/12/01/mince-pie-porridge/