syn free halloumi and vegetable biryani
Yield 4 servings
Looking for a vegetarian meal that doesn't leave you crying into your weak, child-like wrists? Don't worry, Amelia has you covered. And it's syn free!
- butternut squash - cut into slices
- 1 courgette - cut into chunks
- 1 onion - cut into chunks
- curry powder - mixed with water to make a paste
- a little spray oil
- flaked almonds - toasted (20g is a HEB)
- coriander - chopped
- pomegranate seeds
- halloumi - cut into slices. This can be your HEA (35g) for the day - I use a lighter version and we eat the whole thing - oops!
- put slices of butternut in a roasting tin and spray with garlic oil or just normal oil and add a few garlic cloves and season with black pepper
- roast in oven for about 45 mins
- spray your wok with oil and add the courgette, once it’s got a bit to colour add the onion and get a bit of colour on that too
- add the curry powder and give it a good mix and cook through, then add the rice and mix again
- in a separate pan spray with oil and cook the halloumi
- with a few minutes to go add the peas to the rice mixture and give it a good mix
- serve with the butternut and halloumi on top and scatter with the coriander, pomegranate and almonds
- if you don’t wasn’t to use your healthy eating A or don’t like halloumi you could use chicken instead doesn’t have to be a veggie dish
- want more veggie recipes with a bit of taste and spice? I can't recommend this book enough!
Courses evening meal
Recipe by twochubbycubs at https://twochubbycubs.com/2018/09/19/halloumi-and-vegetable-biryani/