lamb and mint burgers
Yield 4 burgers
This recipe really is just so easy - just two ingredients, so any old simpleton can do it. Whack in a bun with whatever the hell you like and you've got yourself a top BBQ favourite!
If you don't fancy lamb, swap it out for a pork and apple burger!
- 500g 10% fat lamb mince (5 syns)
- 1 tbsp mint sauce (1 syn)
- in a bowl mix together the lamb mince and the mint sauce
- divide into four, roll into balls and squash into burger shapes
- cook on the barbecue (or hot pan, or under the grill) until done - they'll only need about 5 minutes each side
We served ours in a HEB bun with some natural yoghurt and a tiny bit of mint sauce added, with lettuce and onion. But you don't need to follow us slavishly, you know.
- You can get 10% fat lamb mince from Tesco, or any decent butcher. You can use the normal stuff too if you like, just remember to syn it
- Your burgers don't need to be neat and tidy, all we do is roll into a ball and smash down and they come out perfectly everytime, but if you're anal/fancy/trying to pull you could do with one of these burger presses
- Don't worry if the mix feels sloppy, it'll firm up a bit as you keep mixing
- Don't be tempted either to crack an egg into it or add breadcrumbs like many recipes tell you to do - it just isn't necessary at all!
- We cooked ours on the barbecue but these will do just as well under a hot grill or in a hot frying pan, just make sure the internal temperature is above 72°c if you don't want the shits
- Stick whatever you like in your burger - we had a wholemeal bun (HeA), lettuce, onion and a bit of yoghurt and mint sauce
- After a decent barbecue recommendation? Of course! This is what we have and it's cracking
Recipe by twochubbycubs at https://twochubbycubs.com/2019/04/21/lamb-and-mint-burgers/