syn-free butterbean houmous
Sometimes you just need something to dip your finger / crudites / nipples into without guilt or remorse, and that's where this syn-free butterbean houmous comes into it. You can make it syn free by leaving out the oil, but given this makes enough to serve four, we'd be tempted to demand you drizzle a bit of flavour oil on the top and soak up the syns (6 syns). But again, we aren't your parents.
- one large tin of butterbeans
- one clove of garlic (chopped garlic is fine)
- one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- good pinch of salt
- one reserved tablespoon of the weird butterbean pre-cum that they come in the tin with (aquafaba, if you want to be technical)
- couple of tablespoons of natural yoghurt
If you're using oil, add it at the end (6 syns).
- I mean, haway. Do you want to have a guess, pet?
- stick all the ingredients in a blender
- loosen it up by adding more yoghurt or the aquafaba from the butterbeans
- season to taste
Syn-free butterbean houmous, done.
- the one thing I’m going to push here is our Kenwood Mini Chopper. It makes very quick work of this dip. It’s cheap on Amazon. Not essential but I will say this – as people who use a lot of gadgets, this is probably one of our favourites
- we buy our flavoured oils from Yorkshire Drizzle, in this case, a lemon oil. You can take a look at their range here: it'll open in a new window. We haven't been paid to promote or anything like that, they're just a bloody good company and we love them very much
- remember - our slimming cookbook can be ordered online now - full of 100+ slimming recipes, and bloody amazing, with over 2400 5* reviews: click here to order
- our new diet planner launches soon: you can order it here (it’ll open in a new window)
Courses dips and sides
Cuisine I hardly think that's any of your business
Recipe by twochubbycubs at https://twochubbycubs.com/2020/05/27/syn-free-butterbean-houmous-perfect-for-lunch/