Didn’t get to sleep until 4am this morning. Was woken by Shaddapa Your Face at 7am. Brief entry. But you’ll note that we are still to let you down with our recipe-a-day. Proud of that one!
Tonight’s recipe was something we’d seen somewhere, written down, then completely forgotten about until a bag of quinoa cheerfully fell out of the cupboard. Quinoa is one of those things that looks awful (to me) but tastes fine. Give this a go – it’s comforting and piss-easy to make.
to make quinoa porridge with roasted tomatoes, you’ll need:
- 250g quinoa
- 1.1 litres vegetable stock
- 90g reduced-fat feta cheese (2x HEA)
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10g mint leaves, chopped to bits
then to make quinoa porridge with roasted tomatoes, you should:
- place the quinoa in a saucepan, add the stock and bring to the boil
- reduce the heat to medium and cook gently for about 25 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally until it reaches a porridge-like consistency
- fold in the feta chunks like a kind, careful lover
- add the tomatoes into a hot oiled pan and cook for about five minutes, stirring once or twice so the sides become charred
- add the garlic slices and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn
- transfer the tomatoes and garlic into a bowl, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of salt and some black pepper
- chop the mint and fold through tomatoes immediately before serving
- spoon the porridge into a bowl, and top with the tomatoes
Easy. Yeah, it’s a bit ‘my husband works in the city and I’ve got an etsy page selling bunting made from spider dreams and melancholy’ but it’s worth it.