EMERGENCY RECIPE ACTIVATE (Paul and I are gallivanting!). This is super quick to make and a good way to use up pork mince – pork is a slightly drier mince so works well with the oily chorizo but beef could be used too.
to make pork and chorizo kebabs, you’ll need:
- 500g lean pork mince
- 75g chorizo, chopped (7.5 syns)
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- handful of chopped parsley
This makes enough for six ‘burgers’, which you can chop up and put into a kebab or indeed, have as a burger. I think that’s enough for three people. If you’re finding that there’s too much meat for you to handle and you’ve got a badly-packed kebab, just take a bit out and try again. You’ll get the hang of it and there’ll be thick yoghurt sauce everywhere in no time at all.
to make pork and chorizo kebabs, you should:
- mix together all of the ingredients and season to taste
- divide the mixture into six and press into burger shapes
- heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and place the burgers in the pan
- cook for about 6-7 minutes each side, making sure the burgers are fully cooked
- serve in a pitta bread (make sure it’s suitable for your HEB) with salad and raita (mix fat free yoghurt with chopped mint and shredded cucumber)