Just a recipe for peanut butter and caramelised banana toast tonight as we’re too busy putting our Musclefood box away and farting on with our new TV. See, this would be one of those days when we just wouldn’t post but because we’ve committed to this Droptober thingy, I feel like I can’t let you down! Breakfasts on Slimming World are either oaty affairs, a bit of fruit or that bloody fry-up picture which has been haunting the lifeline journal since time immemorial. Peanut butter is one of those things which sounds like it should be full of syns and, fair enough, it’s not syn-free, but as long as you’re sensible and don’t slap it on like Jordan slaps Canestan on her minnie-moo, you’ll be fine. 1 level tablespoon is 4 syns which you can easily spread between the two tiny Shreddies-sized slices of bread that Slimming World allows as your HEB.
to make peanut butter and caramelised banana toast, you’ll need:
- well I mean, it’s pretty obvious, no?
- one banana
- one tablespoon of peanut butter
- whatever toast or thin you want to use
- pinch of cinnamon if you dare
to make peanut butter and caramelised banana toast, you should:
- toast your bread and get your peanut butter on it whilst it is hot – the heat will make it spread further
- Christ, it’s a bad job when we’re having to eke out our peanut butter like we’re working from a ration book, isn’t it?
- slice your banana and drop the slices into a hot, non-stick pan to toast them off and give them a bit of colour
- top the toast
Just saying, but if you were feeling daring, you could totally add a drop or two of honey to the whole affair and really get going. If you’re going to be Lieutenant Anal about the whole syn thing, you should ‘technically’ syn the banana according to SW rules as it is cooked. However, it’s syn-free if you eat it uncooked and as you can see from the above, you’re doing nothing more than toasting it. If it makes you feel better, don’t toast the banana, just keep glaring at it until it toasts of its own accord. THAT WAY NO SYNS AM I RIGHT. Jeez.
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas, click the buttons below and live like a Queen! We do have some canny overnight oats recipes!
Remember to share!