No time for shenanigans tonight, so it’s a cheesy baked boozy basil rigatoni for you and an early night for me. An early night? Yes. I’m in desperate need of one. I don’t want to be crass but we had a takeaway last night and the twilit hours became an assault on all the senses. Twice I was woken by my own flatulence, then by Paul laughing at his own flatulence, then the cat gagging, then the vet’s ambulance arriving, then stomach pains, then being unable to breath due to the lack of oxygen in the room. I swear if our alarm clark had been faulty and started sparking we would have ended up in a Backdraft style situation. I didn’t get to sleep until way past 4am and Paul hasn’t been to sleep at all. Not going to lie, it made it difficult driving into work on the motorway, not least because everyone was so loud with their beeping as they rudely drove towards me. Tsk.
I will however take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who has bought the paperback and proper weighty versions of our books – I didn’t think anyone would want us in hard form but here we find ourselves, looking at the Amazon sales, seeing tonnes of you snapping the buggers up! Perhaps you’re planning on taking us on holiday, perhaps you want your husband to get jealous at the thought of you spending the night with two strapping men, who knows? Either way, thank you. You’ve paid for our next holiday! If anyone else wants to hold us firmly in your hands and demand satisfaction, you can buy all of our books here!
Right, dinner then. Nowt to this, very easy to make but lovely and tasty!
to make cheesy baked boozy basil rigatoni you will need:
- 350g rigatoni
- 280g frozen spinach
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (this bad boy will make the job easier)
- a handful of basil leaves
- ½ tsp oregano
- 60ml red wine (2 syns) (we use Asda cooking wine to avoid opening the fancy stuff)
- 1 medium courgette, sliced and then quartered
- 180g ricotta (2x HeA)
- 140g reduced fat mozzarella, torn up into small pieces (2x HeA)
to make cheesy baked boozy basil rigatoni you should:
- preheat the oven to 180°c
- cook the rigatoni according to the instructions but still with a little bite to them, then drain
- heat a little oil in a large frying pan and and add the spinach until it has defrosted and wilted, tip into a sieve and squeeze out as much water as you can and plop back into the pan
- add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, wine and courgette to the pan, mix well and bring to a simmer
- reduce the heat and then add the ricotta and a quarter of the mozarella, and give a good stir
- spray a large baking dish (save your pans and ditch the Frylight, get this instead!) with oil and tip in the pasta and then the sauce, giving it a good stir to mix it up
- top with the remaining mozzarella and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
Hungry for more? click one of the buttons below to get even more tasty recipes!