Just a quick post tonight because, for once, we’ve kept our word and managed to get round to updating the recipes page to include an instant pot section! Remember, for all of our instant pot recipes, you can use a normal pressure cooker or a pan on the hob – you don’t need to buy an expensive bit of kit for our stuff!
Cheers folks! Tomorrow will be a full post!
to make instant pot spaghetti bolognese you will need:
- 400g lean beef mince (save pennies and get delicious meat by taking advantage of our excellent Musclefood deals!)
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (one of the handiest things you can have in the kitchen is one of these)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 500ml passata
- anything else you want to chuck in – bacon, mushroom, family ashes
to make instant pot spaghetti bolognese you should:
- set the instant pot to saute and add a splash of oil
- add the onion and cook for a few minutes until it goes soft
- chuck in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so
- add the mince and cook until browned all over
- add in the chopped tomatoes, passata, salt, pepper and oregano and give a good stir
- break the spaghetti in half and chuck in the pan along with a litre of water – make sure the spaghetti is covered – push it down with a spoon if it isn’t
- cook at high pressure for ten minutes, then use the ‘quick release’ to get it in your belly quicker
- don’t worry if it looks a bit watery when you first open it – it’ll soon thicken up when you give it a good stir
You can easily make this using a normal pressure cooker – just cook the mince and onion in a pan first before transferring to the pressure cooker, where you’ll need to cook it for 8 minutes. Haven’t got an instant pot? Make it the same way but in two pans, for a dead simple bolognese!
Got a hole that just can’t be stuffed? Let us try! Click one of the buttons below to get your hands on even more recipes: