This lentil and vegetable soup looks like vomit. It does. I know that, you know that. But it was so tasty! I urge you to give it a go! We’re going straight to the recipe tonight as we’re out and about, so here we go!
to make instant pot lentil and vegetable soup you will need:
- 1 large onion, finely diced (if you can’t be arsed with all this dicing, and who could blame you, you could chuck it all in a food processor. We use this one because it looks cute!)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 100g dried lentils (any type)
- ½ tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 40g spring greens
If you haven’t got an instant pot yet then what is wrong with you? Save time and effort for more important stuff. Get yours from Amazon right here and help sling a few pence commission our way. WE’RE VERY LOW ON GIN.
to make instant pot lentil and vegetable soup you should:
- add a little oil to the instant pot and press the ‘saute‘ button
- add the onions, carrots and celery to the pot, give it a good stir and cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring every now and again
- add the garlic and cook for another minute or two
- throw everything else into the pan except for the spring greens and give a really good stir
- press ‘manual‘ cook on high pressure for ten minutes, and then use the quick release to get to it quicker
- stir in the spring greens and leave for a couple of minutes
You don’t need to use an instant pot for this, it’s just easier and quicker. You could do it in a slow cooker too, just throw everything in at once (except for the spring greens) and cook on high for 4-5 hours on high, or 8-10 hours on low.
Don’t expect this one to look amazing because frankly it won’t, BUT it does taste really nice. Even Paul loved it and he hates pretty much everything that’s in it. Plus, it’s crammed full of good stuff!
Feeling angelic? Don’t worry, we’ve got tonnes more recipes for you to help shift that gut. Just click one of the buttons below to be transported to even more ideas!