Saucy chicken noodles if you don’t mind! I’m not convinced calling this little streak of recipes a Christmas clear-out was a good idea, you know. All it makes me think of is the Boxing Day strain – you know what I’m talking about. When you have to perform the equivalent of trying to drive a car made of meat through a hula-hoop. Anyway: straight to the recipe, and remember, we’ll be back in fighting form soon, just as soon as we’re done with the Personal Project!
Oh one thing! Did you know we have a facebook page? We do. You get regular recipe updates and it’s where we post all of our nonsense videos to boot. Make sure to sign up! Click here, it’ll open in a new window: www.facebook.com/twochubbycubs
The recipe, then…makes enough for two! We almost didn’t post this, it doesn’t look good in the photo, but you know, sometimes you just need a plate of noodles to get on with. Might not win any competitions but so. Get it down you!
to make saucy chicken noodles you will need:
for the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks (save money AND get your hands on the juiciest breasts ever in our fab Musclefood deal!)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil (2 syns)
- 2 tsp cornflour (1 syn)
for everything else:
- 300g dried noodles
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey (1 syn)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- pinch of white pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced (save your fingers!)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small onion, quartered and then sliced
- 2 spring onions, julienned
- 2 chilli peppers, sliced
- handful of basil leaves
- 6 baby corn, quartered
- 2 tsp mirin (1 syn)
Now I know that looks like a load of ingredients but most of it, you’ll have in the house or can pick up cheap in the supermarket. Don’t be alarmed!
to make saucy chicken noodles you should:
- this doesn’t take long to cook, so it’s best to prepare everything first and keep close by
- mix together the chicken marinade mix into a thick paste, and using your hands work it into the chicken chunks – set aside for about twenty minutes to marinade
- cook the noodles according to the instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water. set aside.
- in a small bowl, mix together the soy, fish and oyster sauce with the honey, 2 tbsp of water and white pepper – set aside
- heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and add a little oil
- add the chicken and stir frequently until cooked – removed from the pan and set aside
- pour the mirin into the pan to deglaze
- add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir for about twenty seconds
- add the onion, spring onions, chilli peppers, basil and baby corn and cook for about two minutes
- add the noodles to the pan with the chicken and mix well – cook for another 1-2 minutes
This is one of those recipes that looks complicated but do you know, once you have everything chopped and sliced, you can just chuck it in the pan and it makes itself!
Need more inspiration? Click the buttons below!