Bah! Off to a great start with having work done – having left work early, powerminced to my car and drove like a loon to get home in time to clean the skidders off the toilet and to file away the cats before the gas-man turned up…he just didn’t bother to turn up. All he had to do was come over, take away our god-awful fireplace, disconnect the gas and bugger off.
But no. No, he turned off his phone and when I called him this morning, he informed me that ‘he was stuck on a big job’. I resisted the urge to tell him to eat more fibre and fuck off, so I told him primly that his services were no longer needed. He’s a fool, because, given we’re naïve and foolish with money, he could have totally taken advantage, told us we needed to demolish the front of the house to take the fire out, and we would have hurled notes of money at him until he disappeared in his little van. Urgh.
It’s only a very quick post tonight of the recipe as we’re starting to move furniture around ahead of our plasterer coming to sandblast the Artex, so I won’t even push my book. BUT PLEASE BUY IT. PLEASE. I know American week has rumbled on a bit, but damn…the food is so good! These Reuben burgers are delicious – just a few different toppings make a world of difference.
reuben burgers – you’ll need:
- your healthy extra bread bun choice
- chopped cooked ham
- two slices of swiss cheese (Leerdammer lighter – two slices is a HEA)
- burger sauce (which you can find the recipe for here)
- sauerkraut (you can leave these off, but why would you)
- 5% beef mince (500g)
- pepper, salt
and it’s as easy as this:
- shape the mince into four decent size burgers
- mix in some salt and pepper
- grill until cooked
- assemble the burger by toasting the bun, smearing the sauce on the bread, adding lettuce, a burger, cheese, a burger, cheese, ham, sauerkraut and the top of the bun.
We served ours with chips:
- use a decent, ‘wet’ potato, like a Maris Piper
- don’t use oil if you’re putting them in an actifry, just use worcestershire sauce
- crumble on an Oxo cube
Heaven! Get an Actifry man, you’ll never look back and you’re a long time dead. What you waiting for? The big one is currently reduced from £250 to £140 on Amazon. Nice.
I’d been spraying rapeseed oil on the chips in the actifry because frylight was horrible. Am away to buy oxo cubes to try with the Worcester sauce! Fabulous!
RAPESEED?! Well lahdidah! 😉 definitely give the Lamb OXO cube a go, it’s lovely!
How much Worcestershire sauce do you use? Thanks
Depends on the amount of potatoes, but say a tablespoon or so
Can’t use Oxo cubes but a little bit of Cajun Rub works really well, don’t need the Worcestershire sauce then either