Super quick post tonight because well, you’ve had plenty this week! I’M JUST ONE MAN 🙁 and Paul! Oops. First, let me get my cock out:
Ah, that’s better. We’ve lost 6.5lb of the 9lb we put on in New York, and the rest will be off next week. Our ankles thank us.
I also have a favour – a lot of you have bought our book, bless you. Could I trouble you for a moment more to leave a review for us? It’ll only help us and we ask for so little! You can find a link to the book right here – and for those who haven’t bought it yet, look at my sad face.
Pfft, I wish I had hair like that.
Anyway, tonight’s recipe, yeah? Dead simple. Makes enough for four greedy chunkers!
to make butternut squash spaghetti sauce you will need:
- 600g of butternut squash, cut into 2cm cubes
- 6 bacon medallions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1½ tsp dried sage
- 1½ tsp dried thyme
- 200ml skimmed milk (use some of your HEA allowance, but remember this makes enough for four)
- 500g spaghetti
to make butternut squash spaghetti sauce you should:
- heat a little bit of oil in large saucepan over a medium-high heat
- add the onion and cook for about 1-2 minutes
- add the garlic and stir for about thirty seconds, then add the butternut squash, stock, sage and them
- stir well and cover, and leave to cook for about 15 minutes
- meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the spaghetti
- when the squash is softened (you should be able to poke a fork into it – oh you flirt – with a little resistance), pour the lot into a food processor, add the milk and 50ml of water and add a bit of salt or pepper and pulse until smooth
- heat a small saucepan over a medium-high heat and add the chopped bacon – stir frequently until crispy
- drain the pasta and pop it back into the large saucepan, add the butternut squash sauce and mix together
- serve and top with the crispy bacon pieces
It’s plain and simple but bloody tasty and easy to customise – add in mushrooms, peppers or deep-fried Creme Eggs. You could leave out the bacon if you’re feeling all wan and disappointed with life.
You have got to turn this lot into a book. Bestseller no doubt about it
funniest food blog ever, plus the recipes are fab, keep them coming boys !!
Just made this……..it’s like soup, think perhaps I’ve done something wrong but either way it tastes lush so thanks dudes. 😃
Great site, amazing recipes, love the butternut squash sauce. Plus all the laughs, don,t go away. 🙏🏻🙏🏻