Looking for the pepper, herb and feta salad with roasted mushrooms recipe? Well who can blame you? It’s below. But first…
It’s been a long day. Not content with filling our house with buttons that automatically buy our shopping, we’ve invested in an Amazon Echo – essentially an always-listening little personal assistant (like Siri) who can automatically turn our heating up, turn our lights off, play music, that sort of forward-thinking thing. However, because it’s voice-activated, my day has been spent listening to Paul bellow incoherently at the Echo: ‘ALEXA: TELL ME A JOKE’ was good, ‘ALEXA: WHAT’S THE WEATHER LIKE’ was even better, but ‘ALEXA: Siri thinks you’re a snotty slaaaaaag’ yielded little worthwhile result and when I shouted ‘ALEXA’ and farted into the speaker, it just shut itself off.
I do like to imagine that somewhere deep underground there’s a team of Evil Amazon Folk listening to our every move, because frankly, unless they like lots of shrieking over Forza Horizon, copious amounts of farting, ancient Janice Battersby impressions and arguments about who was the best Doctor Who, they’re in for a disappointing time.
We received lots of helpful suggestions for our October idea – i.e. where we post one recipe a day all through October – but Droptober was the one that won out above all others. Whether you’re looking to drop some weight, drop some baggage or just drop a load of steamy piss through your knickers due to laughing and age, we’ve got you covered. Now remember, some of these will be lovely short posts like this, so no leaving moaning comments for the lack of text!
This works very well as a lunch – make it the night before and it’ll keep until the morning. Normally whenever I do a veggie post people treat it as if I had admitted I’d murdered a child and completely blank me, but please, do actually give this a go – it’s very tasty! This made enough for two lunches once served with some cooked bulgur wheat.
to make pepper, herb and feta salad with roasted mushrooms, you’ll need:
- a packet of any mushrooms you like – I used chestnut mushrooms but only because they were the first ones my languid, tired body fell upon in Tesco
- either a jar of those roasted peppers in brine or two large sweet peppers
- a massive handful of mint
- a lemon
- 130g of reduced fat feta (which is 2 x HEA, but this serves two remember, so calm yer tits)
- salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce (which I know isn’t technically veggie, but I’ve been told (by some pallid, shaking, wincing from the sunlight vegetarian that you can buy a veggie-friendly equivalent) (I’m kidding I’m kidding, she had to write it down and even then her fingers snapped like breadsticks when she tried to grip a pencil)
- bulgur wheat, quinoa or couscous cooked however you fancy it
to make pepper, herb and feta salad with roasted mushrooms, you should:
- cut your mushrooms into quarters and tumble them about in a couple of spoonfuls of worcestershire sauce, with a pinch of pepper and salt
- stick them in the oven for about twenty minutes on say 190 degrees until they’re nice and roasted and all of the mushroom juices (urgh) have leaked out
- whilst the mushrooms are cooking, chop up your mint – get all of the leaves together and wrap them into a cigar shape – then finely slice – much easier
- if you’re roasting your peppers, cut them in half, stick them under the grill and cook until blackened – or – be a good dear and buy the jar from Tesco – cut into chunks
- crumble your feta any old how – you’re making a salad here, not a work of art
- toss the peppers, mint and feta in with a tablespoon or two of lemon juice from your lemon and a pinch of salt and allow to marinate whilst the mushrooms roast
- once the mushrooms are done, it’s a quick assembly job – cooked quinoa or what on the bottom, peppers and cheese next, hot roasted mushrooms on the top
Done! If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, swap them out for a plain chicken breast. You monster.
OH ONE FINAL THING: we’ve added Pinterest and other share buttons to the end of these posts – if you need them, you’ve got them!
Looking for more veggie ideas, or do you want to make sure at least something’s been killed for your dinner? Click the buttons below. Let’s go crazy and put all sorts button on here!
Definitely gonna try this! By the way I’ve got some of that weird quark stuff lurking in my fridge that I’m scared to use – can you point me tone of your recipes that uses the stuff? Ta muchly keep up the good work ?
Will definetly try this. Just a point you and other websites throw out asides about pin and snapshot, I have enough trouble trying to save these ramblings and have given up just a hive them now. Keep up the good work
Loving your receipes, did you see the SW disaster meals today in the DM….?
Looked gross, you should send them in your delights…..x
Hi you two. Came across this blog just after i had been tagged on facebook in some awful pics of me looking like an owd brick shithouse. Low point doesnt even get close. Your pottymouth posts may have saved my sanity and i thinK coming across you(fnarr) is a message from the universe. I have bought a slimming world starter pack, a madolin slicer thing off amazon and a bottle of low cal tonic from the co-op. Droptober it is then. Xx