Just a quick recipe tonight for easy peasy spaghetti and meatballs as we’re on a date night – I’ve been to Waitrose and got some fancy food, Paul’s given his sausage a more extensive rinse then the usual ‘bit of Listerine and polish it on the face-towel’ and the cats have been shut away in the shed with the sound of fireworks to rock them gently to sleep (Christ I’m kidding, I really am – they’ve still got run of the house, I’m not daft).
Tonight’s recipe actually comes from The Hairy Bikers. One common thing we get in the comments is that people imagine us to be exactly like The Hairy Bikers. Pfft. The closest I’ve come to getting my leather-clad leg over a throbbing Harley was a good few years ago in London, and Paul’s wrists are too delicate for anything above a push-along lawnmower. So, without further ado…
to make easy peasy spaghetti and meatballs you will need:
- 400g beef mince
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tins of cherry tomatoes (or chopped tomatoes)
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- pinch of salt and pepper
to make easy peasy spaghetti and meatballs you should:
- in a bowl mix together the spring onions, mince, thyme and salt and pepper
- divide the mixture into twenty and roll into balls
- add a little oil to a large frying pan and cook the meatballs over a medium-high heat until browned all over – this will take about 10 minutes or so
- meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the instructions
- add a little oil to a saucepan and whack onto a medium-high heat
- add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a minute or two
- add the tomatoes to the saucepan, turn the heat to high and simmer for five minutes until the liquid has reduced, add a little salt and pepper if you like
- drain the spaghetti and serve, top with the meatballs and spoon over the sauce
Looking for more recipes? More guff? You can find it all below!
LOVE you guys! I can’t wait until the next ‘blog’ coming in! Please keep up the fantastic work!
110% Putting this into my plan this week. I love those little tinned cherry toms. They make food look so much better than regular tinned.
Hi I love your blog I’ve only been on slimming world for a week but want to speed up my weight loss. Do you have a collection of sp recipes I could use ?
hi i found your recipe for making your own pasta sauce ans i have lost it 🙁 can you point me in the right direction please , ho and happy new year keep up the great work 🙂