Right, quick recipe post for a super simple beef stew! Sometimes you need a plate of cat-food-esque stew to line your gunt and this is just the ticket. Plus, if you’re a haphazard fool like us in the kitchen, you can’t go too wrong with it – just need to cut everything up, hoy it all in a pan and allow to simmer, then thicken with gravy. Get it made!
Anyway, whilst I’ve got you here, we’re also running a competition this week to win a soupmaker! It’s not Paul, before you ask, but it’s a lovely Morphy Richards number. Click the image below and you’ll be taken straight to the competition entry page in a new window. Go for it – it’s an easy competition and all you have to do is find the queens’ Queen!
Right, straight to the recipe! See, I can do it occasionally…
to make one-pot super simple beef stew you will need:
- 400g diced beef
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1″ pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp flour (4 syns)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 litre water
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- 4 tsp gravy granules (4 syns)
Looking for a good deal on diced beef? Dead easy. A fair few of our exclusive Musclefood deals have diced beef included! Have a look – link will open in a new window!
to make one-pot super simple beef stew you should:
- in a large pot, heat oil over a medium-high heat, add the beef and cook until browned
- stir in everything else except for the gravy granules, cover with the lid and simmer for two hours
- when finished, stir in the gravy granules until thick
Love simple dinners? We’ve got loads more! Just click the buttons below: