Crunchy tomato feta dip you say? I do, because frankly, it’s delicious. You may remember from yesterday that we’re having a break from the writing bit for a few days but this is another recipe for you to get your lips around. We made this tomato feta dip to try out a recipe we’ve found and actually ended up having it for our main meal. Worth every last syn, I can assure you.
That said, if you were stuck for something unique to take along to taster night, and for goodness sake why would you be when we have so many excellent taster night recipes, and it doesn’t cost an awful lot of time or money to make. I can’t bear taster nights because people seem to lose all dignity – I’ve seen someone actually pushed over by some leviathan in a Paul’s Boutique hoodie, so keen that she was to get her soiled sticky hands on a Ferrero Not-cher. Plus, frankly, I can’t bear not knowing what people’s kitchens look like. I’m happy to eat most things but not if it’s been prepared in something that looks like a trap from Saw. Brr.
To the recipe!
to make crunchy tomato feta dip you will need:
- 260g reduced-fat feta, cut into rough cubes (4x HeA)
- 5 big tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 big tbsp of jalapenos, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ tbsp oregano
- 80g reduced-fat cheddar, grated (12 syns)
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads (4x HeB)
to make crunchy tomato feta dip you should:
- preheat the oven to 200°c
- mix together everything except for the cheddar and the pita breads
- spray a small casserole dish with oil and tip in the tomato and feta mixture
- top with the grated cheddar and bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden
- leave to cool for five minutes, then serve with the pitta breads
Get that down yer. And when you’re done, why not check out some more of our recipes? Just click below!