Saucy beef and cabbage stir fry: for when you’re concerned you’re not farting enough Apologies for the lack of update, but, well, you’ve guessed it – we’ve been away! More on that tomorrow – but let me guarantee right now a recipe a day up until Christmas – we’ve got them all lined up and everything! A proper blog-post tomorrow, of course, but tonight is just going to be the recipe – saucy beef and cabbage stir fry! Let’s get straight to it, with no clitting about.
to make saucy beef and cabbage stir fry you will need:
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar (if you don’t have rice vinegar, cider vinegar will do)
- 2 tsp sesame oil (4 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger (get it in seconds with a fabulous grater!)
- 1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp sriracha (or any hot sauce)
- 600g beef stir fry strips (get some in our excellent Big Meaty Package!), or steak
- 225g cabbage, chopped
to make saucy beef and cabbage stir fry you should:
- mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, honey, sriracha and spring onions and pour over the beef
- leave to marinade for at least an hour
- when ready to cook, use a slotted spoon to lift out the beef and keep the marinade
- heat a large frying pan over a high heat and add a little oil
- cook the beef for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently
- remove the beef from the pan and add the cabbage and the remaining marinade
- bring to the boil, stirring frequently, until most of the marinade has evaporated
- add the steak back to the pan, stir and serve
Before you moan at me about what sriracha is – it’s a hot spicy sauce. Any spicy sauce will do, or leave it out altogether!
Want more fakeaway goodies? We’ve got a section for that! Click the buttons below to find some more!
i have tried this saucy beef and it was so juice,tender and yummy