Bacon and egg fried rice – for breakfast, to boot! This is the perfect recipe to keep in mind when you cook some of our recipes and have leftover rice, but for the love of good, make sure you heat leftover rice to within an inch of its life otherwise your weight loss will be from shitting out your intestines. I’m not kidding!
We’re away tonight so no nonsense – straight into the recipe! This kicks off our next theme of Chinese inspired meals, we hope you enjoy!
This makes enough bacon and egg fried rice for four people – if there’s just you, you know what to do.
to make bacon and egg fried rice you will need:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 bacon medallions, diced
- 140g frozen peas
- 500g cooked rice (doesn’t need to be exact)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
top tips for bacon and egg fried rice:
- day-old cooked rice works best for this one – we don’t know why, but it just does!
- you’ll get the best bacon medallions from Musclefood – check out our special deals right here!
- don’t let Frylight ruin your pans – get one of these instead!
to make bacon and egg fried rice you should:
- heat a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with a little oil
- pour in the beaten eggs and stir quickly to scramble, then remove and set aside
- put the bacon in the pan and stir fry until nice and crispy
- add the frozen peas to the pan and stir fry for just under a minute
- add the rice and give a good stir
- add the scrambled eggs back to the pan and give a good stir
- add the soy sauce and a pinch of pepper, then serve straight away!
Good stuff right?
We’ve done a tonne of rice dishes – have a look!
- tandoori chicken with roasted romanesco and onion rice (syn free)
- lemon chicken, spring rolls and egg fried rice (1.5 syns)
- cheesy nacho mince ‘n’ rice (2.5 syns)
- one-pot pork and rice stew (syn free)
- caramelised Vietnamese pork and rice (2 syns)