Slimming World tiramisu – that might fill you with horror at the thought of someone whisking an egg into a tub of Splenda and smiling wanly as they try to pretend they’re eating anything other than their own crashing disappointment, but don’t worry – you’re in good hands with us. That said, instead of a wordy post tonight, because we’re on the subject of awful desserts, I present to you our recipe for Slimming World doughnuts. Worth sticking with until the end, it explains our stance on desserts and Frankenfood ever so well…
Christ, that thumbnail. I look like Moby with dysentery. Trust me, it’s worth a watch. Let me know what you think! Let’s get straight to the Slimming World tiramisu. We know that desserts is the one thing we lack on here – well, that and modesty, so we’re working hard to put that right. This Slimming World tiramisu could be lightened by using jelly instead of sponge and sweetener instead of cocoa, but you know what else you could do to save syns? Keep your gob shut.
That’s Bowser, by the way. Or as we call him, Kittler.
Slimming World tiramisu, but done properly
Yield 2 large servings
Tiramisu, but done properly, like it ought to be. Yes, we've replaced a few of the heavier ingredients but with smart substitutes to make this a proper tasty dessert. It's OK, I dry-heaved at the use of the words proper tasty too. Let's get to it.
- two nice glasses, like the ones shown, or stick it all in a pyrex dish. Hell, you could serve it from the cat's dinner-bowl for all we're going to judge
- 6 sponge fingers (you'll find them in any supermarket baking aisle) (6 syns)
- 25ml of strong black coffee (syn free) or if you're better than everyone else, use 25ml of Tia Maria or similar coffee liqueur (3.5 syns)
- 180g of ricotta (90g is a HEA)
- one of those large pots of Muller Greek Style coffee latte yoghurt
- 50g of chopped hazelnuts (25g is a HEB)
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder (1 syn)
SO, as this makes two, this will either be just over 5.5 syns each if you use coffee liqueur or 3.5 syns if you use plain coffee. Also, you could adorn it with something other than hazelnuts - fruit maybe - to save your HEB! If so, knock another syn off.
- take your glasses, put them on and read this bloody recipe
- cut the sponge fingers up and layer them in the bottom of the glass
- spoon over the coffee or the coffee liqueur and allow the sponge to soak it up with a big old slurp
- mix the ricotta with enough of the yoghurt to get a nice thick mix - if you're feeling extravagant, add a pinch of coffee into the mix so you get wee pockets of coffeeness - yeah, coffeeness
- spoon over the top and lightly shake until it is level
- pour the hazelnuts into a bowl, top with cocoa and move them around until each one is coated - then pour over the top of the tiramisu
- job done!
- looking for a nice glasses set to serve these in? Don't worry, we have you covered!
- we always get asked where we get our Le Creuset stuff from - our coffee pot is from Amazon and just so lovely
Come on, that looks as good as me getting out of the bath with half of the towel wedged up my crack, no?
Want more dessert recipes? Really?
- chocolate cake filled pastel eggs (5 syns)
- cherry coke float (5.5 syns)
- chunky jaffa cakes (2 syns)
- chocolate and marshmallow pop tarts (3 syns)
- apple pie and ice-cream (5 syns)
- mint chocolate chip smoothie (1.5 syns)
- the chubby cheesecake (2 syns)
- raspberry and dark chocolate baked oats (3 syns)
- peppermint meringues (half a syn each)
- half-syn roulade (0.5 syns)
Looks fantastic! Well done on your weight loss by the way…you look great.
Love it, especially the extras at the end of video!!
My friend got me to put your app on phone!!
So glad she did.
Your blogs are so funny. 😂😂
Recipes always look good yet to try any yet.
Love the budget blog as live on a budget of bugger all.
Never been happier honest .
Happy Easter to you both xx
are are you still managing to keep your weight off and enjoying life. Love your receipes and your comments which make me laugh. Thank you