The McDonalds New York Stack – almost single-handedly responsible for reversing a fair few weeks of us being good, I can tell you. However, whack it through the syns calculator and it’s enough to give Mags a fit of the vapours, so we’ve come up with a low-syn take on it which actually tastes almost exactly the same. To fully replicate the taste experience, make sure you put it in a box with nicotine-scented fingers, leave it to sweat for about thirty minutes and then mash it with your fist so it’s all smeared and gross.
Sorry for the lack of recipes at the moment, but it’s too hot – it’s as simple as that. As soon as either one of my nipples thaws out I’m immediately too hot and start working at 40% capacity, like an overheated engine. But rather than leaving you famished, let’s barrel out some of the recipes we’ve got stuck in draft – beginning with this New York Stack!
low syn McDonalds New York Stack
Yield 1 burger
Of the four burgers that appeared in the Great Tastes of America menu that McDonalds did, this was our easy favourite - not least because a bagel always cheers the soul, doesn't it? The proper version comes in after over 30 syns, so this is a big old saving!
- 1x New York Bakery Co. Bagel Thins, Seeded (1x HeA)
- 200g 5% beef mince
- 20g reduced-fat cheddar (½x HeA)
- 2 slices of bacon, fat removed
- few slices of gherkins
- handful of lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp extra-light mayonnaise (1 syn)
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce (1 syn)
- make the burgers (see notes)
- cook the burgers (see notes) and bacon
- meanwhile, slice the bun
- spread the tomato sauce on the top half of the bagel half
- top the bottom half of the bagel with a slice of cheese, two burgers, bacon, gherkins, mayonnaise, lettuce leaves and other slice of cheese
- top with the other bagel half
- a burger press will make easy work of the burgers but if you haven't got one just roll the mince into a ball and flatten into a burger shape
- you can cook the burgers however you please - we used our Tefal Optigrill on the 'burger' setting but you could use a frying pan over a high heat (spray in a little oil first), under a high grill, on a George Foreman or even on a barbecue. It's up to you!
- don't forget - you get both mince and bacon in our fantastic Muscle Food deals!
- there's no need for egg or any binders in this - the mince will hold just fine as long as you spend a few minutes giving it a good squeeze and a mix first
Yum! Mind our McDonalds-a-likes don’t begin and end with the New York Stack, you know. We’ve also done some cracking takes on other stuff, see?
- mcdonald’s style crispy chicken wraps (1.5 syns)
- the perfect slimming world big mac (3.5 syns)
- big mac burger in a bowl (1 syn)
- the girthburger (1 syn)
- pork and chorizo kebabs (2.5 syns)
Tasty! Remember to share!