Roast pork you say? In a chard and chickpea stew? That’s either going to make your nipples tingle or leave you deflated, sad and having to finish yourself off with a plate of chips. We’re taking just the most wee of breaks from writing for the next few days, but because we have all sorts of recipes lined up, you’ll still get some recipes shoved in your box each day! You bloody love it. Don’t worry, you won’t need to wait along!
to make roast pork in a chard and chickpea stew you will need:
- 400g pork fillet
- 1 tbsp marmite (optional)
- 1x 480g jar of roasted red peppers
- 300g rainbow chard
- 2 tins of chickpeas
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
to make roast pork in a chard and chickpea stew you should:
- mix together 1 tbsp marmite with 1 tsp hot water and stir til it’s loosened a bit
- heat a large, shallow pan on over a high heat and add a little oil
- add the pork to the pan and brush over the marmite, cook for above 5-6 minutes, turning over halfway
- meanwhile, drain the peppers and roughly chop into 1cm chunks
- gather up the chard and slice thinly, not forgetting the stalks
- next, remove the pan from the pan and put on a plate
- add the fennel seeds, peppers and chard to the pan and stir fry for about 2 minutes
- add the chickpeas to the pan along with the pre-cummy water, stir and bring to the boil
- make a channel in the middle and add the pork back to the pan, making sure it’s touching the bottom
- cover with a lid and simmer for about 12 minutes, turning the pork occasionally
- remove from the heat and rest for about two minutes
- slice the pork and serve
Before anyone has a shit-fit, yes, it’s another Jamie recipe, but does that not tell you how good his book his? We can find something in there every day! You can buy from Amazon here.
How easy is that? We’ve got even more stuff to fill yer belly so just click one of the buttons below to find more recipes!