You’re going to think I’m taking the mick with this recipe for spicy red pepper and tomato soup, as it’s literally the laziest recipe you’ll ever make. But here’s the thing – we get asked all the time for truly simple recipes and well, it doesn’t get any easier than this. You’ll find everything you need either in your cupboard or down the supermarket, nothing fancy here! Plus it’s syn free and you don’t need to clart about peeling vegetables or feigning interest in someone else doing it for you.
Let’s get straight to the recipe – remember, this week, we’re away working on an exciting personal project and thus, no blog posts. But rather than leaving you hanging, we’re pumping out a few of our stragglers with hardly any guff at all! Don’t worry, normal service will, of course, resume soon!
to make spicy red pepper and tomato soup you will need:
- 270g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100ml water
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
to make spicy red pepper and tomato soup you should:
- blend all the ingredients together – we just used a stick blender (the one we use is only £8 at Amazon!)
- pour into a saucepan and heat over a medium-high heat until hot
After more ideas? We’ve got you covered! We’ve got loads of soups:
- super speed soup (syn free)
- leek, potato and cheddar soup (less than 1 syn)
- tomato and rice soup (0.1-5 syns)
- curried pumpkin soup (less than 1.5 syns)
- cheeseburger soup (0.5 syns)
- cabbage, kidney bean and sausage soup (1 syn)
- kale, spinach and broccoli and pesto soup (1.5 syns)
Just click one of the buttons below to find more recipes!