We’re all about the slow cooker pork and apple stew and we’re going to get that out to you in a moment, but first, a clarification from Paul.
Well, Cubettes, I am FUMMIN hun x (it’s Paul here, by the way). After reading yesterday’s blog entry written by James, I’m going to have to put a few things straight. Namely:
Here’s how every single holiday of ours gets planned: I suggest somewhere, Paul sucks air in over his teeth and say ‘oooh’ with that look a roofer gives you when he’s going to need to take your tiles off, I suggest somewhere else, he grimaces like he’s shitting an acorn.
I’d just like to say this is a total lie and in fact it’s bloody James that does this! I’m totally amenable to going anywhere (as long as it’s not a shithole). In fact, I can think of at least ten places I suggested that were kicked off the list for daft reasons; “too hot”, “too cold”, “we’ve done a city break already”, “they won’t like fat people”, “that’s the kind of place your mum would go”. My suggestion initially for the ‘big holiday’ was Las Vegas but that was knocked back because it was too ‘gambly’.
Honestly. I bit my tongue so hard that it gave me piles. But then, James has always been the neurotic one – we’ve written before about how he is convinced that every electrical appliance in the house is waiting for us to leave so each one can spontaneously combust into flames. Even the smoke alarm is in on the act. Have you ever known someone take out the batteries when they go away on holiday?! He will however happily leave the Mac running 24 hours a day so now those two little bald men at the top are actually burned into the screen.
So that, dear readers, is the truth. And you can rely on it being the truth because I’d never lie to you. Unlike Fatty McFat-tits. Now that’s out the way, let’s move back onto marital bliss, and this absolute belter.
to make slow cooker pork and apple stew you will need:
- 500g diced pork
- 300g baby carrots
- 1 tbsp gravy granules (2½ syns)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
- 175ml apple juice (3½ syns)
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp thyme
A slow cooker is essential if you’re following Slimming World! You don’t even need to spend much money, a cheap one will do the job just as well! You can pick one up from Amazon for peanuts and help to send a few pennies our way!
to make slow cooker pork and apple stew you should:
- switch on the slow cooker to the LOW setting
- spray a little oil into the bottom of the dish (Fry Light tastes shite. Get this instead!)
- chuck everything (bar the gravy powder) into the slow cooker, pop on the lid and leave to cook for 8-9 hours
- once you’re ready, take everything out with a slotted spoon and slop the sauce into a pan – add the gravy powder, whack the heat up and thicken that sauce
- serve with a bit of mash for perfection
See now come on, how easy is that – and cheap too! Perfect winter warmer!
Want more slow cooker recipes? Have a look at these!
- bloody mary beef (1 syn)
- beary beery barley beef stew (1 syn)
- spicy pork in citrus sauce (1.5 syns)
- beef bourguignon (1.5 syns)
- slow cooker beef keema (1 syn)
- guinness pulled pork with colcannon mash (2.5 syns)
- slow cooker honey buffalo meatballs (2.5 syns)
- ranch chicken, bacon and potato (3 syns)
- fruity pulled pork burger (3 syns)
- slow cooker coconut chicken curry (4 syns)