Super quick post tonight as a) I’m tired and b) I need to tidy up before Paul gets home and brays me. I’m like the Little Mo of the street. Christ, I used to have a real thing for Trevor out of Eastenders, which is messed up. But true to my word of a recipe a day, here’s the final overnight oats recipe in my trio of flavours. You’ll find the previous ones here:
to make rhubarb and custard overnight oats, you’ll need these:
- 40g of Quaker or store-brand oats – we use Quaker because they make a good consistency
- a banana and custard muller yoghurt OR 100g of syn-free natural yoghurt, with three drops of custard flavouring added*
- 200g of rhubarb
- enough sweetener to take the edge off the tartness of the rhubarb
- a drop or two of rose-water (optional)
* you can buy custard flavouring from Lakeland – it’s in their professional flavouring range. You don’t need this, but it does taste lovely!
to make rhubarb and custard overnight oats, you’ll need to do this:
- mix up your oats and yoghurt, dur, and put it into the bottom of the jar
- chop up your rhubarb into thumb sized chunks, chuck in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of water and a drop of rose water and cook on a medium heat with the lid on until it turns to mush
- take it off the heat, mix in sweetener if you want it
- once cooled, pour the rhubarb onto the oats, and seal
- mix it up in the morning and enjoy!
Rhubarb raw is syn-free and then you add it to water, so really, it’s syn-free, but SW say it’s 0.5 syn for 100g. Look, don’t count it, seriously. You’re not going to turn into Dibley-era Dawn French if you eat something grown in the ground and boiled in something pissed from a cloud. If you were deep-frying it in butter…perhaps.
Can I just chew the rhubarb to make it syn free????? hehe xx
Oh I know, it’s ridiculous innit? It really boils my piss seeing grown women rip each others heads off for something daft like a tweak! If it’s tasty and stops you reaching for a Mars Bar, I say go fer it 🙂 P x
I tried to find custard flavouring from Lakeland but had no joy anywhere else that I could buy it? thanks
Amazon is good for flavourings! http://amzn.to/2bkMaDt
Amazing!! Couldn’t find rose water so used a bit of winter spice ribena (I know totally not similar but I love the stuff) was a pot full of christmassy wonder xx