Blackened chicken caesar salad? Yes, that’s right. And, for once, when I say it’s going to be a quickpost, it really is – no guff, no messing about! Your dear writer is unwell! Bah.
This makes enough for four, especially if you add some extras like tomatoes and cucumber. Just customise it however you want, I’m not arsed.
to make blackened chicken caesar salad you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts (the chicken in our Musclefood pack is perfect – remember, you get between 24 to 26 and they’re so big and juicy you’ll probably get a wide-on getting them out of the b0x)
- 60ml Hellmans Fat Free vinaigrette dressing
- 1 wholemeal roll, cut into cubes (1x HeB)
- 1 lettuce, chopped
- 30g parmesan, shaved (use a vegetable peeler to get pretty looking shavings!) (1x HeA)
for the rub
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
for the dressing
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Morrison’s NuMe Reduced Fat mayonnaise (3 syns) (feel free to use other mayo, but check the syns)
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed (leave out if you’re not a fan, but, take it as someone who doesn’t like fish, it doesn’t taste fishy!)
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (½ syn)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan (2½ syns)
to make blackened chicken caesar salad you should:
- cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise (butterfly) so you’re left with a total of 4 halves and put into a sandwich bag
- pour in the fat free vinaigrette and leave to marinade whilst you make the rest
- if you’ve got an actifry, throw in the bread cubes with a little bit of oil and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, or until they resemble croutons. If you haven’t got an actifry, spray the bread with oil and bake in the oven at 190°c for about 12 minutes
- in a shallow bowl, mix together all of the rub ingredients and set aside
- in another bowl, add together the dressing ingredients and whisk until creamy. put in the fridge until you need it
- pat the chicken breasts dry with some kitchen roll and coat with the rub mix – don’t be shy, get it right in there
- heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and brush with oil
- add the chicken breasts and cook each side for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through
- serve with the lettuce, croutons and dressing
Done! Now, if you’re after some more chicken recipes, you’d do well to click the button below!
I’m sorry you’re poorly! Get well soon.
Another lovely recipe. Thank you so much. Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care X
Thank you! Gin helped!
Doesn’t it always??!! ??