Let’s not delay. Taster night is looming large and you need something quick to put together but classy enough to make it look as though you care what the Witch’s Council thinks of you. This is smashing, actually – get everything cut to the same size and you’re halfway there.
In the interests of keeping things super quick and easy, here’s the recipe!
mixed bean salad - perfect for taster nights!
Yield 8 portions
Mixed bean salad. It isn't sexy, it isn't going to blow your socks off and christ, they aren't going to be talking about it for years to come. But sometimes you need a simple salad of undigestable beans to get those scales moving!
- tin of butter beans
- tin of kidney beans
- tin of black eyed beans
- small tin of sweetcorn
- one cucumber - take the seeds out with a spoon and chop
- one large red pepper - deseeded, chopped fine
- one large onion - chopped fine
- one pinch of dill, salt, pepper
- one tablespoon of olive oil (6 syns)
- juice of a lemon
- do you want to hazard a guess, Sherlock?
- chop everything up the same size, rinse your beans (dirty bugger), add everything into a giant bowl, stir
- this is perfect for sitting in the fridge for a couple of days or taking to a taster night
Want more salad ideas? But of course you do, and we’re always happy to oblige you on that front, see.
- fancy greek salad
- tomato salad with roasted chickpeas
- sizzling rainbow salad
- easy wedge salad
- warm rocket, pea and mint salad
- roast peach, parma ham and Gruyère salad
- chicken and mango salad
- summer salad with fried feta