‘ey up! Kalamata spread with tasty pitta chips – no messing about, just a good simple recipe for when you’re craving a snack in front of the TV. It’s the one thing Paul and I miss the most when we’re on a diet – we have a large coffee table in front of us and feel cheated if we can see even a postage stamp sized portion of it underneath all the dips and crisp packets. It’s not a good night unless my lips are sloughing off from all the salt and vinegar.
Now: to make this low-syn dip takes no time at all and would easily do for a taster night too – if you want to make it go a bit further, mix some greek yoghurt in with the tuna and add some chives. Easy! This makes enough for two hearty portions.
to make kalamata spread with tasty pitta chips you will need:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tin of tuna, drained
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 25g reduced-fat feta, crumbled (2 syns)
- 5 kalamata olives, chopped (about 2 syns)
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread, cut into triangles (1x HeB)
top tips for kalamata spread with tasty pitta chips:
- the red pepper is optional, but hey, it looks fancy and gives you something else to eat along with it
- make a nice, fine mist of oil for the pitta breads with one of these!
- can’t find kalamata olives? black olives will do
to make kalamata spread with tasty pitta chips you should:
- preheat the grill to medium-high
- chop the pitta bread into triangles and spray with a little oil and a pinch of paprika
- cook the pitta breads under the grill until brown and crisp then turn and cook for a few seconds more
- meanwhile, slice the top off the pepper and remove the seeds
- next, mix together all of the other ingredients in a bowl and spoon into the empty red pepper
- eat – don’t forget you can pick the pepper apart and eat that too – waste not want not…
Are you enjoying our Greek meals? We’ve got more!
- greek turkey meatballs (syn free)
- fancy greek salad (syn free)
- greek potato hash (syn free)
- stuffed greek wraps (less than half a syn)
- greek garden omelette (1 syn)
- spinach and feta stuffed meatloaf (0.5 syns)
- rainbow bulgur wheat salad with bacon and feta (syn free)
- crunchy tomato feta dip (3 syns)
- summer salad with fried feta (3 syns)