Chicken and chorizo jambalaya: because you need an easy chicken recipe, and we need an easy life. So, not only have we found you possibly the easiest chicken recipe we’ve ever done, we’ve even done you a video!
Our extended personal break continues (sorry!) but we need to do a bit of admin around our Musclefood deals which I know a lot of you enjoy. Please, forgive our advert, it’s very rare we post a big one. You can jump straight to the recipe by clicking here!
We get a lot of feedback with people mentioning that it’s a faff on having lots of different deals all over the place and that they want just ‘pure’ meat, as opposed to flavourings and rubs and meatballs and sausages. So, with that in mind, we’ve revamped our Musclefood offering so that you can buy different sizes of our popular Freezer Filler deal – all three sizes will save you money on buying it in the supermarket and of course, it’s all syn-free. Up to you how you cook it!
So here it is: the ULTIMATE FREEZER FILLER SELECTION! There’s three packs here for you to choose from so there’s something for every budget. If you haven’t ordered from us before then what are you waiting for?! You’ll save a fortune compared to getting the same amount of stuff at the supermarkets, and not only are you getting a bargain but it all tastes nicer too. The chicken breasts are HUGE and won’t shrivel when you cook them, the beef isn’t like chewing on a dry tampon and the mince isn’t mushy! Seriously, give it a try – we promise you won’t look back! Everything in these packs are syn free!
Full disclosure: we get a small commission for the meat we sell – it doesn’t change the price you pay, but helps keep us in the gin, buttplugs and fancy living lifestyle we’ve grown accustomed to.
Now for a sneak inside my box – here’s what you get in our deals. We did try and get Musclefood to call the boxes ‘mouse’s ear, wizard’s sleeve and hippo’s yawn‘ but apparently, that’s too off-brand:
- 10-12 (approx 200g each) chicken breast fillets, 2 packs of 400g extra lean steak mince, 10 rashers of low fat bacon medallions, 2 packs of 400g extra lean free range diced beef
- 20-24 chicken breast fillets (approx 200g each), 5 packs of 400g extra lean steak mince, 10 rashers of low fat bacon medallion, 2 packs of 400g extra lean free range diced beef and free delivery
- 20-24 chicken breast fillets, 6 packs of 400g Extra Lean Steak Mince, 30 rashers of low fat bacon medallions, 5 packs of 400g extra lean free range diced beef and free delivery
RIGHT, shall we do the recipe then?
In a rush: here’s the video
super easy chicken and chorizo jambalaya
Yield 4 servings
This super easy chicken and chorizo jambalaya is a one-pot, quick cooking marvel: it tastes good, it's low in syns and if you're shite in the kitchen, you'll be able to knock this together without breaking a sweat. It's an all round good guy!
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Morrison's No Fuss garlic paste (1 syn) (or mince your own garlic, you fancy sod)
- 100g chorizo, diced (12 syns)
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 250g long grain rice
- 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- if you haven't already, dice and chop up everything that you need to and set aside
- spray a large pan with oil and pop over a medium-high heat
- add the chicken and cook until no pink remains
- next, add everything else and give a good stir - give the tomatoes a bit of a squash with the edge of the spoon so they break up a little bit and spread out
- add the lid to the pan and simmer for 25 minutes
- we used garlic paste for this because we ran out of proper garlic - if you're using garlic cloves you can knock a syn off
- remember, you get a huge amount of chicken in our Musclefood deals!
- Fry Light WILL ruin those nice pans of yours - get one of these instead!
- don't be afraid to use chorizo - the number of syns might give you palpitations but it's worth it - and spread out over 4 servings it's only 3 each. Syns are there to be used!
- no need to rinse the rice for this - just lob it in dry
- you'll need a good shallow casserole dish - we bought ours from Marks and Spencers, but you can find a good range on Amazon
- you'll find cajun seasoning with the spices in all the supermarkets - but others will work too (fajita, jerk, Piri Piri, etc)
Enjoy that one-pot delight? As well you should, and here’s a few more:
- super sticky mushroom bowl (1.5 syns)
- lazy cabbage bowls (1 syn)
- one pot sausage gnocchi bake (1.5 syns)
- one pot sausage and boston beans (1.5 syns – or syn free!)
- one pot malaysian chicken (2.5 syns)
- one pot super simple beef stew (1.5 syns)
- sausage and apple bake (1.5 syns)
- one pot chicken and chorizo risotto (4 syns)
- one pot chinese braised beef (1.5 syns)
- pronto lamb tagine (2.5 syns)
- italian sausage and chicken risotto (1 syn)
(we’ll be back soon!)