Slimming World chimichurri! Now admittedly chimichurri sounds like something a posh woman would call her fadge when telling the doctor it’s sealed over, but bear with us – it’s actually a gorgeous herby sauce where, if you use good fresh herbs, it’ll be an absolute delight. You’ll wonder why you haven’t had it before but we all know the answer to that is simple: like you’d ever turn down a cream sauce for your steak. Even so, give this a go.
There’s no time to lose today because we’ve had an actual House Calamity. You will have doubtless noticed that it’s been hotter than the devil’s dick outside until Friday, when the skies broke just in time to make sure that 1,000,000 people who still live at home with their mothers were denied the chance to look at the moon. It tipped it down, and naturally, our house decided to throw a spanner in our plans to save up for Canada and instead, sprung yet another leak. We’ve now got more brown damp patches on our ceiling than we ever manage on our mattress, but that’s what being married for eleven years will do for you.
This means yet more visits from roofers, more awkward small-talk and yet more waiting around for them to appear from ‘just around the corner, mate’, where presumably that corner is somewhere south of Doncaster. I’ve long since given up on people saying they’ll turn up at any given point – I swear we’ve still got someone due round to clean my little C2 (not a euphemism) and that was turned into a cube back in 2012.
So, you can have a recipe, and we’ll get on with fussing about our ceiling. Sigh. Chimichurri sauce for you!
juicy steak with Slimming World chimichurri
Yield 4 servings
Sounds fancy, eh? Chimichurri comes all the way from them Argies and is a tasty sauce for fresh meat! It's as easy as you after a night at the bingo and tastes phenomenal! It's a cool colour too, so the kids will love it.
The beauty with this is that you can have it with whatever you want! We had ours with chips because we're common and it's our default position. We had some left over the next day and slipped it into sandwiches and it was just as good! Sex up your meaty flaps tonight.
- 4 good steaks
- 2 big bunches of basil
- 2 big bunches of parsley
- 2 big bunches of mint
- 2 big bunches of chives
- 4 green chillis
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns)
- firstly, take the steak out of the fridge and bring it up to room temperature
- next, finely chop all of the herbs, chillis and capers - if you can't be arsed, do what we did and chuck it all in a food processor
- zest and juice the limes and add the olive oil, and mix well
- sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the steaks and cook to your liking
- as the meat is cooking, dollop the chimichurri sauce onto a chopping board and gently spread out into a large square big enough for the steaks to sit on
- when the steak is cooked, place on top of the chimichurri and leave to rest for a few minutes
- slice the steak and use a knife to spread the chimichurri sauce all over it - like it's getting a facial
- remember: this recipe is for four - if you're only making it for two people just halve everything
- any steak will do - it doesn't have to be fancy, we used sirloin from Muscle Food
- fresh herbs are always best if you can get them
- we used our Tefal Optigrill to cook the steak perfectly - if you've got one, just press the 'steak' button and then wait until the light shows your desired level of 'doneness'!
- don't be tempted to skimp on the oil in this one - it's worth it, and it's only a few syns!
Lovely! Perhaps you want some more steak ideas? Sure thing, cheesenips!
- steak, feta and veg wraps (syn free)
- philly cheesesteak sliders (syn free)
- crunchy steak bites with smoked cheese (syn free)
- steak au poivre (syn free)
- enchilada steak fries (syn free)
Always something to enjoy!