Right, let’s fire out a recipe for beef chop suey with no chitchat, as we’re all busy people. Take Me Out isn’t going to watch itself, you know.
Now come on, as if we’d watch Take Me Out. If I wanted to listen to thirty lasses screaming at an orange man, I’d go to a Trump protest. THERE. THERE’S SOME BITING POLITICAL ANALYSIS. I’m kidding, it’s my nephew’s birthday so we’re actually off to hand over gifts and cards in exchange for love and kindness. But we couldn’t leave you without something to smack your lips over, so here we are! Saucy beef chop suey.
to make saucy beef chop suey you will need:
- 220g beef stir fry strips, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 60g mangetout, sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 300g dried noodles
top tips for making saucy beef chop suey:
- we used stir-fry strips but you could use steak, just slice it thinly
- our Big Meaty Package comes with loads of stir fry beef strips! Find out more at our deals page
- don’t use Fry Light! It ruins your pans and tastes rank. Use this instead!
- use a Microplane grater for the garlic and you’ll never look back!
- a mandoline slicer will make the prep for this so much quicker – just watch your fingers!
to make saucy beef chop suey you should:
- cook the noodles according to the instructions
- heat a large saucepan over a high heat and spray ina . little oil
- add the garlic and onions and stir around the pan for about a minute, then add the beef
- cook for a few minutes and then add the carrots, red pepper and mushrooms and cook for another five minutes
- add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, mangetout and spring onions to the pan and give a good stir
- cook for another 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened
- serve over the noodles
Feeling saucier? Check out some of our other recipes!
- salt and pepper chips (syn free)
- speedy spring roll bowls (syn free)
- bacon and egg fried rice (syn free)
- salt & pepper chicken (syn free)
- perfect egg fried rice (syn free)
- beef in a black bean sauce (0.5 syns)
- stir fry cucumber and pork (1 syn)
- best ever lemon chicken (1.5 syns)
- thai chicken dipping balls (1 syn)
- best ever mixed chow mein (2 syns)
- sesame chicken and broccoli (1 syn)
- sticky sesame chicken (2.5 syns)
- crispy chilli beef (1 syn)
- spicy orange chicken (2.5 syns)
- sizzling steak (2 syns)
- spicy szechuan beef (1.5 syns)
- bang bang chicken (4 syns)
- mongolian beef (2.5 syns)
- fresh spring rolls and dipping sauce (3 syns)