A greek salad cheese toastie? On a Friday? Good evening all! Just a quickie (ooh I say) for today as we’re off to a rave. No, seriously. I’m digging out my dummy and E’s especially for it. It’s a good job I’ve got a strong jaw. Years of practice, that.
But just because we’re out doesn’t mean that you miss out – oh no. We’ve got a treat for you with this one – a fantastic greek salad cheese toastie! I know that doesn’t sound like it should go but it really does and I demand you go make this immediately. You’ll feel like you’re in Mamma Mia. As always, this makes enough for four! Shall we?
to make a greek salad cheese toastie:
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads (4x HeB)
- 8 tbsp twochubbycubs’ houmous
- 65g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1x HeA)
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- quarter of a cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
top tips for a greek salad cheese toastie:
- our houmous is the best you’ll ever have and it’s syn free! If you can’t be arsed you can use the shop-bought stuff, just remember to syn it. A tablespoon of reduced-fat stuff is 1½ syns)
- make quick work of the veg with a Mandoline slicer!
- we used pitta breads because they’re tasty but you could use your usual Healthy Extra B choice bread instead
- we used an Optigrill to cook this, just because it’s easy and makes nice slices. You could put these under a normal grill or in a George Foreman instead
- add olives if you want, I don’t care
to make a greek salad cheese toastie you should:
- cut the pitta breads in half and microwave for 15 seconds to help open them up a bit
- spread the inside of each pitta bread half with one tablespoon of the houmous, then add all the other ingredients
- cook for a few minutes until nicely golden (see top tips above)
Love a good sandwich? So do we! Have a look at our other recipes below!
- two chubby clubs (syn free)
- meatball marinara sandwich (syn free)
- buffalo chicken and bacon toasted cheese sandwiches (less than 1 syn)
- slimming world sandwich fillings (1 syn or less)
- the best bbq pork sandwiches (2 syns)
- egg, pastrami and cheese loaded sandwiches (4 syns)